521 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Hagan To Co-Host April 2nd Jobs Fair in Raleigh
Hagan Joins Wake Tech To Sponsor Jobs Fair
Monday, March 11, 2013
Greensboro, NC - U.S. Senator Kay Hagan is encouraging job seekers and employers to participate in her "Back to Work North Carolina Jobs Fair," which she is co-hosting with Wake Technical Community College in Raleigh, NC on April 2nd. More than 90 employers with open positions have already registered to participate.
"While we are seeing hopeful signs that our economy is headed in the right direction, it is simply not enough for North Carolinians still struggling to find work," Hagan said. "I am hosting a free jobs fair with Wake Tech to connect workers with the jobs that are available, and I encourage anyone in the area to attend. I am working every single day to get our state's economy back on track and get North Carolina back to work."
The job fair, which runs from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., is free to employers and job seekers. All businesses, large and small, are encouraged to participate. For employer registration details, please contact Amanda Gabriel at Amanda_Gabriel@hagan.senate.gov.
There is no pre-registration required for job seekers. Interested job seekers can call 877-852-9462 for more information.
Participating employers include:
· A.B. Goodrich Contracting, LLC
· AKG of America, Inc.
· Allen Tate Realtors
· Always Best Care Senior Services
· Amarr Doors
· Anderson Automotive Group
· Autopark Honda
· AW North Carolina, Inc.
· AXA Advisors, LLC
· Baker Roofing Company
· Brookdale Senior Living
· Burt's Bees
· Butner Federal Correctional Complex
· Cargill Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain
· Cisco Systems
· Citrix (ShareFile)
· CPI Security
· Crown Trophy and Awards
· Dental Pro Temps
· Duke Energy/Progress Energy
· Duke Hospital
· Durham County Sheriff's Office
· Durham Tech Community College
· Express Employment Professionals
· First Command Financial Planning
· Greene Resources, Inc.
· Griswold Home Care
· Home Depot
· House-Autry Mills, Inc.
· idea GSC
· John Hiester Automotive
· Johnston County Public Schools
· Jump!Zone Party and Play Centers
· Kennedy Care
· Legacy Academy
· Leith Toyota
· Little Pros Academy
· Lord Corporation
· Mechanical Trades Carolina
· Meredith College Education Graduate Studies Program
· Meredith College MBA Program
· Mothers Helper's Home Health Care
· NC Employment Services
· NC Housing Finance Agency
· NC Women's Correctional Center
· Never Quit Services LLC
· News Marketing Group
· Nurse Care of North Carolina
· OnWire Consulting Group
· Playworks Durham
· PNC Bank
· Precision Air / Flanders Corp.
· Precision Walls, Inc.
· Raleigh Heating and Air
· Raleigh Police Department
· Red Hat
· Relias Learning
· Right at Home
· Robert Half Technology
· Salem Carriers/ Salem Leasing Corp.
· St. Augustine's University
· Stanadyne Corp
· TBC Retail Group (Tire Kingdom/NTB/Merchants)
· Time Warner Cable
· Tops and Trends
· Triangle Pest Control
· US Marines
· Veredus Corporation
· Verizon Wireless
· Volt Workforce Solutions
· Volunteers of America
· Wake County Board of Elections
· Wake County Sheriff's Department
· Wake Technical Community College
· Western & Southern Life
Hagan will continue to meet with small business owners, workers, veterans, manufacturers, workforce development officers, community college administrators, and others to gain input and feedback about concrete steps that can put people back to work right now.
What: 2013 North Carolina Back to Work Jobs Fair
When: April 2, 2013, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Where: Wake Technical Community College
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh, NC 27603